Friday, May 18

Funky Flunky Fixed by Friends

“Funky flunky”, that was me at the beginning of this week. I was trying to blame it all on circumstances but it all came back to the big “A” word: attitude; mine was not too fabulous. Quite the contrary! In fact I could say that I got an “F” in attitude a few days ago. I was frustrated, flustered, fretful, furious, forgetful, fidgety, frizzled, frazzled and frumpy. I failed.

In all my frustration I grumbled out a complaining prayer, which only led to genuine conviction of the need to repent about a few things. Having done that, I felt relieved and was able to let some things go. Things started looking up. I spoke to some friends, good friends. And I didn’t grumble to them. Nope. I just chatted. Bit by bit I could feel my spirits lifting. It was great!

Here is a quote from Pastor Brian Zahnd that I haven’t forgotten, “Launch your breakthrough from a breakthrough position.” Meaning that when you need a breakthrough you need to surround yourself with people that are full of faith, and when you do that you can launch forth into victory.

The friends that I interacted with might not even have known that they were strategically placed around me by my Loving Lord to bring me out of a funk into an overcoming attitude. Thanks guys! I love my friends.

Here are a couple of pictures of my dear friends with me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

friends are wonderful, aren't they?! i'm so glad you are able to spend time with friends you normally don't get to see very often!

Anonymous said...

friends like these are such a treasure!

danielle said...

ohh....the "f's" are the worst! glad you are better and glad you have wonderful friends!

Annie said...

I agree! Friends are such a gift to us ... God's blessings, indeed. :)