Wednesday, March 7

The Finite Points of Life

While cleaning up around the house with the family I stuck my finger in a live current. Upon hearing my yelp my good husband inquired, “What happened? Are you ok?” A bit disgusted with myself I responded, “Yeah, I just stuck my finger here and got a shock.” My five year old asked, “Did you get burned?” “Yes, I did,” I said. Moved to sympathy she cooed, “Ooh! Ow!” as she examined my finger. Glancing over and surveying the situation big sister purses her lips and frowns at the little one then curtly replies, “Yeah, but at least she is still alive.”

My pinky is still tingling, making it hard to type my a’s. But, as the sage said, at least I am still alive.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- I'm glad you're okay!!

danielle said...

oh...thats kind of funny how she responded! are we seeing some personalities coming out in this story? :)

Annie said...

ha ha. THAT is funny. :) And sorry about your finger ..