Friday, May 9

Momentous Mothers

Listed below are the wonderful mothers I know who have impacted my own formation as a mother. I wanted to pay tribute to them. They are a treasure that I hold in my heart. The characteristics following their names (demonstrated in the interaction with their children) are the ones that shine out above all the many that I could have listed. The list could be much longer if I were to include the women throughout history that I know only through study and literature that have also aided me as a mother. To the women here in this list I say thank you so much for being who you are and making a profound mark on my life. May God bless you.

Organized in alphabetical order:

  1. Amy R. – Valuing the journey
  2. Beth W. – Care and nurture
  3. Carolina M. – Encouraging individuality
  4. Charlesene M. (my mother in law) – Strength
  5. Claudia B. – Placing importance on heritage
  6. Danielle H. – Being fun
  7. Daryl C. – Learning
  8. Denise H. – Unending and unconditional love
  9. Emily H. (my sister) – Purposeful connection
  10. Heather H. – Hope
  11. Jill H. (my mom) – Serving and putting others first
  12. Joy G. – Belief in others
  13. Joyce L. (my aunt) – Prayer
  14. Julie M. – Sacrifice
  15. Kristy L. (my aunt) – Instilment of character and faith
  16. Laura B. – Thoughtfulness
  17. Laura K. (my grandmother) – Industrious
  18. Linda K. (my aunt) – Making kids feel important
  19. Lisa B. – Patience
  20. Mary S. – Tenacity against all odds
  21. Phyllis H. (my grandmother) – Being herself
  22. Peri Z. – Giving value
  23. Rebecca G. – Trust and friendship
  24. Shawn S. (my sister) – Doting adoration
  25. Tracy C. – Including her kids in the process

In the years to come I expect this list will grow as I come to know new mothers. I am grateful to my Lord for filling my life with the voices of these ladies.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome and I'm so honored to be included. I've printed out your list so I can remind myself of all of these characteristics- and work on increasing the areas where I know I lack. Learning from others in this role as mom is so vital...

I hope you have a wonderful mother's day.

Anonymous said...

@,

Thanks for including me in this list, it means a lot. What, other than fun, would you expect from an "I"?

Happy Mothers Day!

Annie said...

Oh, Ang, this is SUCH a good idea on Mothers Day. I so much appreciate those who go before us and light the trail, so to speak. Such a blessing.

Angie Washington said...

Amy, I hope that you have a great mother's day as well!

Angie Washington said...

Danielle, Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Angie Washington said...

Annie, it is so important to remember where we have come from to know where we are going.

Angie Washington said...

As an extreme side note... I think I understand now why before you WordPressers signed in with your Blogger profile before: so that you could subscribe to comments. Maybe?

Anonymous said...

So totally off topic, but we have a missionary scouting here who served in Bolivia for over a year. He was telling me how unstable it is in some parts.....he was in a "hot zone". I hadn't remembered you mentioning anything and just wanted to know if you all are safe. Some of the things he was sharing with me were pretty scary. Totally random I know, but I just wanted to check. :)

Angie Washington said...

Thank you for your concern Sarah. We are safe. There is some pretty scary stuff going on in this tiny nation though. Prayer is greatly appreciated for political rest.

Anonymous said...

yes, angie - i use my blogger name so i can get comments emailed to me...