Tuesday, April 24

ABC

Tooling around town today I had so much fun! Baby in the back seat and me at the wheel we went to the post office, Office Max, church, the bank and finally Border’s. And wouldn’t you know it was my favorite kind of weather today: rain! (I am not trying to be sarcastic. I am really having a fun-filled day!)

My original goal in popping into Borders was to find a Willa Cather book. Thanks to the “pleasant, efficient, friendly, quick service with a smile” mentioned in my previous post that mission was accomplished in under 5 minutes. About an hour later I was headed to the check out. Quite honestly I would have stayed longer but the wiggly twenty pounds of drooly goo goo baby that I had on my hip was doing a number on my back. Also in my rush to get behind the wheel I hadn’t eaten all day and I had a hankering for a nice BIG bowl of cereal and milk.

As I was in the section of literature marked “C” my eyes wandered over to the “Bs” and I found a book that I had been meaning to read for quite some time so I picked it up. Then another in the “Cs” caught my eye and a fun idea dawned on me.

I would get 3 classics for me and 3 classics for the kids with authors whose last names start with A, B and C that I had never read before. Rainy days put me in the mood for my favorite genre: classics.

Here is what I ended up walking out of the door with:

(Ladies for me)
Austen, Jane “Pride and Prejudice”
Bronte, Emily “Wuthering Heights”
Cather, Willa “My Antonia”

(Gents for the kiddos)
Andersen, Hans Christian “Fairy Tales”
Barrie, J.M. “Peter Pan”
Carroll, Lewis “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass”

In case you wanted to know, book stores are another one of my favorite things.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also love browsing in bookstores when i'm home. it can get overwhelming, though, as there are always stacks of books i'd love to get! it's hard to narrow down the wish list! :-)

Anonymous said...

I love to spend time in the likes of Borders or Barnes and Noble. When Dave & I were newly married- we would go to a huge bookstore in Lexington called Joseph Beth and make an entire "date" out of it!

danielle said...

Ohhh.... I LOVE Pride and Prejudice. It is one of my favorite stories. I even wanted to highlight my favorite interactions between Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy :) I also love bookstores and like Amy, we make a "date" out of it!

Annie said...

How fun! Sounds like a near-perfect day. :) Great selections!