Monday, April 23

Land of the free and the home of the BIG

Land of the free and the home of the BIG! That is my new title for the States. Do you like it? It seems like everything has got bigger since I was here last. There are bigger parking lots, bigger highways, bigger shopping developments, bigger restaurants, and a bigger selection on the menus, bigger ice-teas, and bigger sandwiches.

Perspective is such an interesting thing to me. One can look at something from one angle and describe something totally different than someone who is seeing the same object from an opposite angle. These things may or may not actually be bigger. More than likely it is my perspective that is skewed; thus causing things to appear a different size.

--------------------------------

Tyler and I have been in the States for 5 days now. We are having a good time. Thanks so much for your prayers! Our flight in was uneventful. Our friends at the Bolivian airline AeroSur upgraded us to first class for the 6 hour leg from Santa Cruz to Miami (highly recommended!).

Friday night and Saturday afternoon I spoke at a lovely Women’s Conference for Victory Christian Center’s Latin Ministries.

On Saturday my sister drove up from Wichita to Tulsa to take us to St. Joe. We had a grand time on our road trip! Her four year old daughter was with us as well. Someone asked her what she did on the trip up to St. Joe. She said, “When we were eating dinner we were pretending to knock on doors.” That was her way of describing “knock-knock jokes”. What a cutie!

Sunday morning we were at Word of Life Church. That was a great time! I got to see so many friends.

Besides the friends and family that I have so thoroughly enjoyed so far here are some of my favorite things that I have been able to do here in the States.

Krispy Kreme - hot
Schlotsky’s Original with BBQ chips
Clothes dryer and dryer sheets
Driving!!! (one of my most favorite things in the world to do)
English everywhere
Live praise and worship that rocks! – In English
Good gift wrap galore
Pleasant, efficient, friendly, quick service with a smile
Superb plumbing
And squirrels

My husband will be up with the other three kids this Thursday. I talked with them today on speaker phone. My kids are so sweet! They said, “I love you mom!”, “I love you, too” and, “I love you three!”

4 comments:

Rebecca Gomez said...

Angie,

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying all the BIG things here in the states (too big, some of them).

Looking forward to seeing you in May!

Anonymous said...

so glad your trip is off to a great start! enjoy all your favorites as much as you can!

Anonymous said...

Glad your time stateside has kicked off with so many favorites and time with family... enjoy every moment!

danielle said...

glad you are having a great time. and mmmmmmm.....Schlotsky’s - that was right on our corner in Tulsa (71 & Lewis)! We dont have them up here :( Enjoy! Enjoy!