Sunday, March 2

Startling Realization

This weekend I was tooling around in the truck with my friend Marisol. As we drove by an interesting shop I made an impulse decision and parked so we could check it out. Holding my daughters hand the three of us crossed the street to pop in and see what they had. It was a girls shop complete with perfumes, jewelry, trendy clothes and hand bags. Being the conscientious friend that she is Marisol casually asked, “Did you ever get a new purse like you said you needed to?” She was making reference to the fact that I had shared with her a couple weeks ago that all my purses were falling apart. Informing her that I had not done so we chatted about hand bags for a bit which led to a startling realization…

“I have never in my life purchased a purse!” I exclaimed as we left the shop. “Every purse I ever used has been given to me.”

I have bought back-packs, diaper bags, shopping bags, change pouches, wallets, clutches and God knows how many pieces of luggage of all shapes and sizes; but never a purse.

To go along with this post I am including a link to a rather funny web site that I have found: http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/ . From this site you can rent designer brand hand bags. You woulda thunk it?

6 comments:

The Holmans In Bolivia said...

This is the most hilarious thing I've seen in a while. The teens and I had a good laugh while checking it out. They were yelling downstairs to Joe the prices for weekly and monthly rentals on purses....more than our house rent BTW. :>) Jake is now on the phone to someone in the States and is passing along this website. What a hoot! Joe wanted to know if they had wedding rings for rent.

Angie Washington said...

Yep - they got jewlery to borrow too!

http://www.bagborroworsteal.com/ui/jewelry#resultSize=48&page=1&query=&sort=&nodeId=17

:o)

Annie said...

Crazy! Although, I do know a couple girls who would honestly be interested in this. :] More than house rent?!? Goodness, prices are different there than here. Well ... at least the purses I looked at.

Well, best of everything on your purse hunting!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to buy yourself a purse soon.

And that website is utter craziness. Amazing the lengths people will go to in order to "look the part".

danielle said...

holy smokes!

you can rent a coach purse for $60 a week. what a deal.

Anonymous said...

Rent-a-purse...HA!!