Thursday, March 20

Yay for Art Day

Thursdays are Art Day here at our home school. We have been having a good time creating together. Usually some of the kids of another home school family who live a few blocks away walk down to do the art project with us. It makes for a fun time for everyone involved (teacher included). So far we have made: me posters, rubbings collections, potato prints, slot sculptures, color spinner pull yo-yos, and woven paper. Each week we learn an art vocabulary word. I make the oversized vocab cards with card stock. The top line is the term, the second line is the definition and finally the card has an example of the term. Some of my projects I find at the Art Attack web site. I love art!


Getting all set up


Raimy with some of the vocabulary cards


Gabrielle working hard


Timothy finishing up


Aren't they lovely?! (The art is pretty nice too)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are so creative. i love it.

Annie said...

:) haha (last photo caption). How fun! I think I'd like art day too ...

The Holmans In Bolivia said...

I hate that we missed today. It looks like you had lots of fun. Thank you so much for doing this and for inviting my kiddos along. You're a great mom, homeschool teacher and friend.

Natalie said...

They are lovely.

Rebecca Gomez said...

Art is so much fun! I miss the little art class I used to do with my neices and nephews. I'll have to come up with something for the summer when I'm not working.

Lovely art (and kiddos).

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with all of your special "days" and activities. Maybe you'll write a how-to book on home schooling some day?!

Angie Washington said...

Aaaww, Amy, that is so sweet of you to say. Thanks girl. :o)