Friday, February 22

Cock-a-Doodle-Squeak


We don’t have roosters, we have guinea pigs. My oldest tells me that they wake her in the morning so that she feeds them. She might just end up being the wife of a blond American pig farmer who has a weekend job as a pastor like she keeps telling me.

My childhood wanna-be-when-you-grow-up dream was tri-fold: a famous farmer’s wife who travels the world. Hm. Travel the world: check. Famous: enough to my satisfaction. Farmer’s wife: yep, if you count sowing the word of God in the hearts of people, plowing up hard ground to plant new works, and the harvest of souls that is so ripe in this land.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

7 comments:

danielle said...

i always wanted to be lots of different things: a dancer, an artist, an author like Ann M. Martin (BabySitters Club, a childrens pastor, a teacher

Annie said...

You know, I can never remember. The only consitent thing I can remember is wanting to be a wife. Dancer, painter, singer ... I guess those were in there in little bits.

Anonymous said...

an astronaut- and I always wanted to go to space camp. I still love to gaze at the moon and find incredible mystery in the cosmos!!

Anonymous said...

amy, i can just picture you in that rotating, dizzying "orbit chair". blech!

i think i wanted to be a teacher...

MissionChik said...

Growing up I always said I wanted to be a missionary...even though I'd never been to a chruch. It's awesome to see how God had His hand on me even then.

Angie Washington said...

missionchik - welcome! Thanks for leaving your thoughts. How awesome that God hand his hand on you even before you were in the church.

I went to your profile... That is so great that you will eventually be doing medical missions. Do you have a blog as well? I would love to pop over if you do.

MissionChik said...

I just signed up last night on this blogger site after reading your blog. :) But I have written a couple of things on myspace (see 'my web site' link on here.) I look forward to blogging on here though.

By the way, I know you don't know me, but I was a VWMTC student (graduated last May) and you've been one of my role models on the mission field! (Both caring for the beautiful children AND helping in the amazing ministry God has entrusted to you and DaRonn etc!!) Thanks for setting a wonderful example for others!