Tuesday, February 26

Kid in a Candy Shop

Look at this stack of books tempting and taunting me. I feel like a kid in a candy shop; oh where oh where do I begin? And these are just the top picks of the delicious treats lining my shelves. Usually I have three or four books going at the same time. A couple in the stack I have already begun. I just want to read them all right now because they all look so good. You could say I have a literary sweet tooth.


Here are the titles of my top seven reading picks right now. (Like I said, there is a bunch more on the shelves that I want to get to as well. Yum yum yum!)

“The Divine Conspiracy” by Dallas Willard
“The Mission of Motherhood” by Sally Clarkson
“The Ministry of Motherhood” by Sally Clarkson
“Sacred Parenting” by Gary Thomas
“The Lie that Tells a Truth” by John Dufresne
“Walking from East to West” by Ravi Zacharias
“The Grand Weaver” by Ravi Zacharias

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've never read any of those. look forward to hearing how they are!

Annie said...

Ravi Zacharias came recommended to me by someone else as well. Let me know how they are! Love all the parenting books. :) And the 'literary sweet tooth' line.

Anonymous said...

I share in your bliss of a stack of read-worthy books :) I've never heard of Sally Clarkson- let me know how those books are!!

Angie Washington said...

annie: I have read one book by Zacharias. He provides a fresh perspective to the Christian faith. I also recieve a e-mailer that is loaded with thought-provoking stuff. Here is what it says at the bottom of the mailer: "A Slice of Infinity" is aimed at reaching into the culture with words of challenge, words of truth, and words of hope. If you know of others who would enjoy receiving "A Slice of Infinity" in their email box each day, tell them they can sign up on our website at http://www.rzim.org/slice/slice.php

amy: At a recent missionary moms get together that we have every once in a while I was talking to the fellow homeschool mom. She came to Bolivia last year and was super big on the home school circut in the States. So the gal who is hosting the get together starts raving about an author and then says I can borrow the books. I show them to the fellow homeschooler and she says, "I know her. Sally Clarkson and I spoke at home school conferences together in the States. I know her." So I am looking forward to reading the books as well. I will let you know how they are.