Thursday, November 15

Good Boy!

When we first began ministering to children back in High School for our church’s Sunday school our pastor trained us. I remember he told us more than once, “There are no bad children. We will never say to a child, ‘You are a bad child’. They may have poor behavior; but the child is not bad.”

That has stuck with me. It has helped greatly when extreme forgiveness is required on my behalf to remind myself that this person has done something that has hurt me, but I can forgive them because God has placed worth in this individual. As I was pondering this recently I thought of some statements that I wanted to share.

There are no bad people, just people who choose bad behavior.
There are no good people, just people who choose good behavior.

There are no wrong people, just people who make wrong judgments.
There are no right people, just people who make right judgments.

There are no ugly people, just people to whom society has given that label.
There are no pretty people, just people to whom society has given that label.

There are no disabled people, just people who have been given unique abilities.
There are no capable people, just people who have developed certain skills.

There are no superstars, just people who get a bit more attention than others.
There are no superheroes, just people who give a bit more attention to others.

After all the measurements have been taken of bad, good, wrong, right, talents, abilities and appearances, at the end of the day we are all just people. And the worth we possess and the worth we relegate to others is purely and solely based on the simple yet profound truth that God thinks each individual is valuable, eternal and worth the effort.

If you hear nothing else today, hear this: God loves YOU.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the reminder.

Natalie said...

This is very good. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Angie... really good stuff!

danielle said...

these are thoughts that have been good! :P

Annie said...

I love love love this. I'll have to remember you wrote it, and come back to read often. What good thoughts! And so true.