Wednesday, April 9

The AM

Yesterday this:
Hope deferred maketh the heart sick… (Proverbs 13:12)

Today this:
… but joy cometh in the morning. (Psalm 30:5)

This:
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. (Psalm 5:3)

And this:
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. (Psalm 143:8)

The long and short of it is that the prospective house help came to the house on Monday, I showed her around, explained the job, we talked about hours and pay and together we decided that she would start Tuesday at two. Two o’clock rolled around, 2:15, 2:35, 3:00 and still a no show. I call the number she gave me and talk with her sister, who is clueless. Then the work I had been saving (so I could train her how to do it) I had to do. It wasn’t the work that upset me. What upset me is that this is not the first time this has happened and it causes me to over analyze everything.

So what am I going to do if she decided to show up today? Good question. I will know when and if the moment presents itself.

Things look brighter now. Thanks to all who sympathized with me, I really appreciate it.

While we are on the topic of the morning… some of my morning sounds:
Cars in the busy street we live on
Airplanes over head
Husband moving about
My kids playing
Venders opening the market
Children rushing to the school in front of our property
Our pets asking for breakfast
Birds
Staff watching DVD bible school courses
Kids in the orphanage praying as I hang my clothes on the line

What is the best part about your morning?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

bummer... finding reliable house help is such a challenge. sorry, friend.

i liked the list of your morning sounds.

best part about my morning... hmmm... hard to remember, seeing as it's already 5 PM! but i think it was praying with niel for one of our former interns.

The Guthries said...

Angie,

This is my first time responding, I am an admitted lurker.
You inspire me to remember it is O.K and natural for me to get upset about things, I need to remember to turn my eyes to the one who sustains me, especially in the morning:-)
Thanks for a great blog.
My morning sounds: the coffee pot doing it 's thing and my kids talking to their dad while snuggling in bed.
God is good.
Carin

Joshua and Julie Marcum said...

Sorry, friend! I'll keep praying that God answers the household help prayer soon!

Best part of my morning - a baby asleep, baby talk, birds singing, toddlers playing quietly...

Angie Washington said...

Alece - that is awesome that you and Niel pray together for other people.

Angie Washington said...

Carin - welcome to my blog! :-) Thanks for leaving a comment. It is encouraging to know that my struggles are not all for naught when another person can benefit from them.

Angie Washington said...

Julie - Ah, the sweetness of harmony amongst the kiddos. :-) Thank you for your prayers.

Annie said...

Oh dear. Well, you will know when the timing's right, as you said. I'm sorry for the frustration. Great verses.

Angie Washington said...

Annie - thank you for believing in me.

danielle said...

:(