Thursday, April 24

Saved by the Tag

Friends are the greatest! I have been avoiding a real live post due to just some really hard things I am going through so my friends keep on saving me with great posts to recommend and games to play. My old standby for avoidance is also to blog about my kids. So now the secret is out. But sometimes when you are going through stuff (or growing through stuff) it is hard to put in words the whole of it until you have completed the majority if the process. And it is just so all consuming that it is all you talk about when you really talk. If that was too mysterious for you I do apologize. I hope you still like me and continue to read my blog. :-) I will get a real post up eventually.

My friend Becky tagged me. She goes by Rebecca now. We met in high school at which time we all called her Becky. Now she is a published author (no joke folks, I know a famous person) and so she goes by the illustrious name of Rebecca J. Gomez. She and her husband Jake - oops, um Jacob :-) - have three wonderful children. I was SOOOO happy to be able to spend some time with them last year on our furlough trip. We went to a pond in a park to feed the ducks and there was a huge water rat swimming around stealing all the pieces of bread we threw to the ducks. Oh yeah, and there were turtles too! Aside from the wildlife it was so great to just spend the day with my friend. That would be really great right now. I miss her very very much. Ok - tears in the eyes not good for typing - I will get on with the game. I love you Becky!

The rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five(ish) people and post a comment to the blogger who tagged you.

"The Divine Conspiracy"

They find themselves beyond the limits of human acceptability. This is a fact about them, regardless of how silly it may seem. To say, "How silly of you!" is not exactly to bring Jesus' good news of the kingdom to them

I tag all people who want to play or who need to avoid real post. :-)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

do we need to have an email / im conversation? i love you and am sorry that you are going through something hard.

The Guthries said...

" The Shack" by William P. Young

Sarayu was quick to reply, "Don't confuse adaptation for intention, or seduction for reality."
"So then, ah, could you please pass me a bit more of those greens? So, then we've been seduced into this preoccupation with authority?"
"In a sense ,yes!" Responded Papa, passing Mack the platter of greens, but not letting go until he pulled twice. "I'm just looking out for you, son."

Angie, may mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2

Carin.

The Guthries said...

" The Shack" by William P. Young

Sarayu was quick to reply, "Don't confuse adaptation for intention, or seduction for reality."
"So then, ah, could you please pass me a bit more of those greens? So, then we've been seduced into this preoccupation with authority?"
"In a sense ,yes!" Responded Papa, passing Mack the platter of greens, but not letting go until he pulled twice. "I'm just looking out for you, son."

Angie, may mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance. Jude 1:2

Carin.

Anonymous said...

all of your posts are "real" posts friend.

If there is anything I can do from here... please let me know.

Angie Washington said...

Carin - I have a friend who just finished reading that book. He said it rocked his world.

Thanks for playing
Thanks for praying

Angie Washington said...

Amy you are so sweet. I will be sure to let you know... thank you.

Angie Washington said...

Danielle my dear Thumbbuddy - I love you!

Annie said...

**error**

The nearest book has only 1 1/2 sentences on page 123. It's the end of a chapter. So ... I will do page 122.

Robert's Rules of Order In brief

It depends. If the bylaws just state a fixed term for the officer, such as "two years," or if they say the officer serves for a specified term "and until [the officer's] successor is elected" (or words to that effect), then the group must use formal disciplinary proceedings, which involve the appointment of an investigating committee, preferral of charges by such a committee, and the conduct of a formal trial. The procedure is complex and should be undertaken only after a careful review of Chapter XX of ROMR.
On the other had, if the bylaws state a term for the office but add "or until [the officer's] successor is elected," or contain other wording explicitly indicating that the officer may be removed before the term expires, then the election can be rescinded (see Chapter 7 of this book) and a successor then elected for the remainder of the term.
Of course, if the bylaws themselves establish a procedure for removal from office, that procedure must be followed.

I think I picked the wrong book.

Anonymous said...

The One Minute Bible
2003 Holman Bible Publishers
The Ten Commandmants
God's Name

They put him in custody until the Lord's decision could be made clear to them. Then the Lord spoke to Moses: "Bring the one who has cursed to the outside of the camp and have all who heard him lay their hands on his head; then have the whole community stone him. And tell the Israelits: If anyone curses his God, he will bear the consequences of his sin..."

ouch!
~Jackie Sue
from the homeschool lounge

Angie Washington said...

Annie - you are too funny!

Angie Washington said...

Jackie - Thanks for playing :-)

Rebecca Gomez said...

Ang,

I was avoiding a real post too, actually. Thought it was just because I've been so tired!

I miss you too, friend! I hope we can have another great day like that again some time in the "not-too-distant" future.

love,

Becky